Monday, October 19, 2009

Thanks for the memories...

Hi again everyone, Friday night at the American Legion was a blast. For those of you who noticed me, thank you. That picture is the worst one since the one the Ossining Post Office had "on the Post Office wall," literally, when I worked there when I was in college. But that is a story for anyone who writes me at oldossjc@gmail.com or fdunderhill@msn.com. I apologize for missing the Saturday night bash, but my daughter who lives on "De Eye-lyn" had a project for me. "Daddy" is the best job I ever applied for, but there is no retirement program! :) I hope to hear from every last one of you people. OK?

- Ric Underhill



Our reunion evoked many fond and warm memories of love, friendship and growing up in Ossining. It was the essence of being part of the OHS Class of 1965. We may not see each other that often, but when we do; the passage of time stands still. I consider my fellow classmates to be part of my extended family....we are one. Many thanks to the committee for all of their efforts in bringing us together. Frank and I had a wonderful time at the reunion and we look forward to making more memories at our 50th. May we all remain in good health until we meet again.

My Love To All,

Marianne Indusi Solak







Pook - My heartfelt thanks to you and all the committee members for your efforts in bringing the Reunion about and YOUR continued work on this blog. My wife "Shanghaied" me to get me there (with the secret agenda of seeing an old boyfriend) but I am now very glad she did. I got to be 16 again, meeting some old dear friends. Congratulations on an excellent job.

Gary
Stroh






Why do we have reunions? After attending this 44th reunion, I can only answer my question as, "Why not?" After experiencing this weekend, I believe attendance at a reunion is a very basic social endeavor. We reconnect to our roots. We realize that with the passage of years, we are still who we were (only better!). We are humbled into the reality that the connections from our past have made us the wonderful and active people we are today. A reunion is yet another circle of life. For those who missed this 44th, please reconnect. For those who attended, please connect with another absent classmate, and encourage them to attend our 50th Reunion!!! A phone call goes a long way (and will consume a great deal of your time :)). But, a connection to the past is worth it! It was an honor serving on "The Committee," and I'll be ready again to participate for our 50th. Charlie and I enjoyed every moment of the weekend. It took several days to recuperate, but we will reassume our healthy-body-training for the 50th.

Love to all...

Nancy Tricarico Black


I would like to add my heartfelt thanks to each and every member of the Class Reunion Committee for their months of tireless efforts and hard work, which resulted in our best reunion to date. I am grateful that so many people attended and made it a thoroughly enjoyable weekend. Not only was I able to reacquaint myself with former classmates, but I came home having made several "new" friends. It doesn't get better than that! I can't wait for our next one.

Best wishes to all,
Bill Bruni





Thanks to all of the committee members for a memorable reunion!

Ernie and I had a wonderful weekend!

Liz Kessler-Gore








Phil and I had a wonderful time at the reunion. The feelings I came away with were beyond my expectations... the entire weekend generated so much for me: Love, camaraderie, fond memories, shared experiences, a sense of belonging to something I hadn't thought about much these last years. So much fun and can't wait until the next one!

Linda White Alexander





Well, we certainly enjoyed the 2009 Reunion! It was a great time in all respects; nice rooms, good food, fun music, and plenty of time to catch up with old friends. We add our "thank you" for all the great efforts of David, Pook and the Reunion Committee to make it such a success. This was the first time Jeanette and I had been back to NY together, since moving to TN in 2004. So we also took the opportunity to take in an opera at Lincoln Center, and enjoy an evening in the bright lights of NYC. All in all, it was splendid trip.

Hope y'all fare well 'til the next one... 50 years ? Hope to see the whole class next time!

Best to All, Craig & Jeanette Bliss



David and Pook, just a note to say "wow." Now it's all over for this one. Many thanks to you and the other committee members for making the 44th reunion a memorable one. You must have spent countless hours on this. It was great seeing both of you and other classmates, although I admit a little difficult to recognize at times. Iva and I visited downtown Ossining and the high school grounds on Saturday. Both are looking healthy. We had lunch at a Portuguese restaurant on Spring Street.

Best wishes,
Phil Hubbard




Thanks again for a great reunion.
What a warm and wonderful time.
It exceeded my expectations and blessed my heart!
I was so proud of our class.

Grace and Peace,
Ric Feeney




It was an absolutely wonderful night seeing and talking to so many "old friends" again and I am glad to see that the great "OHS Class of 1965" is still rocking. Thanks again to the reunion committee for all the hard work and dedication that made our reunion such a success, and just one more reason why the Class of 1965 will live forever. So until next time, stay well and be happy.

Pam Orts Siegel

No comments:

Post a Comment